Summer is in full swing, and that means beach-goings, barbecues, and the Fourth of July! Luckily for you, I have a stellar DIY that will have you ready for all the summer shenanigans you can think of. So, grab your supplies and get ready to see some stars...literally!
- Clear nail polish
- Permanent craft glue
- Foam stars with sticky backing
- Round sunglasses
1. Sort your stars into piles by size. You will want to start applying the larger stars first. Remove the paper backing and stick a star to the center of your glasses. Continue sticking the stars around on side of the frame, and then around the other.
2. Try on the glasses to make sure you are able to see, and that none of the stars are touching your face. Adjust any that are uncomfortable.
3. Take the smaller stars and layer them on top to fill in the holes where the glasses frame is still showing.
4. Lift each star up a slightly and apply a small amount of glue between the backs of the stars and the frame. Once all of them have been glued, firmly press down the middle and along the edges of the stars.
5. Coat the front of the stars with clear nail polish, making sure not to drip any on the lenses. Once it has dried, apply a coat to the back. Wait 24 hours before wearing.
Now, go fourth into the world and make sure to shine bright for all to see! And if you decide to make your own, be sure to share them on Instagram with the hashtag #wearthecraft .